The Indian electric scooter market is forecast to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 32.5% between 2018 and 2023, according to a report by Markets and Markets. The report says that the market is being driven by factors such as the government’s push for electric vehicles, declining prices of batteries, and increasing range and power of electric scooters. This blog post will explore five upcoming technologies for E Scooters in India 2023. From new battery technologies to wireless charging and more, read on to learn more about the future of electric scooters in India.
Five Technologies to watch for
The electric scooter market in India is expected to grow significantly in the next few years, and new technologies will play a significant role in this growth. Here are five upcoming technologies for E scooters in India that you should keep an eye on:
- Lithium-ion batteries: Lithium-ion batteries are more efficient and have a longer lifespan than traditional lead-acid batteries, making them ideal for electric scooters. Several companies such as Vegh Automobiles are already working on developing lithium-ion battery packs for electric scooters in India, and we can expect to see them on the market in the first quarter.
- Solar charging: Solar charging is a great way to reduce the running costs of an electric scooter and is also environmentally friendly. Several companies are working on solar chargers specifically designed for electric scooters, and we expect to see them on the market mid 2023.
- Wireless charging: Wireless charging is another convenient way to charge your electric scooter, and it’s also becoming increasingly popular.
- Swappable batteries: Swappable batteries are an excellent option for people who want to charge their electric scooters quickly and easily. Vegh automobiles are one of the pioneers in battery placements by providing detachable batteries in their electric scooters.
- Connected scooters: These are electric scooters with built-in connectivity features, such as GPS and LTE. This allows you to track your scooter’s location, receive real-time updates on its status, and even remotely control it.
How these technologies will benefit consumers:
Electric scooters are becoming increasingly popular in India, offering several advantages over traditional petrol-powered scooters. Here’s how these trends will make electric scooters even more appealing to Indian consumers
- Electric scooters will become more affordable
As electric scooter technology becomes more refined and production costs decrease, E scooters in India will become increasingly affordable for consumers. This will open up electric scooter ownership to a broader range of people, making it easier for people to switch from petrol-powered scooters to cleaner and more efficient electric models. Vegh automobiles have already figured out the differentiator by launching two affordable electric scooters for daily commutes.
- Electric scooters will offer longer ranges
One of the main concerns for potential electric scooter buyers is range anxiety – the fear that their scooter will run out of power before they reach their destination. However, as battery technology improves, electric scooters can travel further on a single charge, giving users greater peace of mind.
- Electric scooters will charge faster
Another issue with current electric scooters is the time it takes to charge the battery. However, new fast-charging technology means that batteries can be recharged much more quickly, making ‘topping up’ your electric scooter’s battery a much less time-consuming task.
- Electric scooters will be more powerful
With advances in motor and battery technology, future E scooters in India will offer increased power and performance, making them more capable of keeping up with traffic on busy roads. This will make electric scooters a more viable option for commuters who need to cover longer distances.
- Electric scooters will be smarter
As E scooters in India become more connected, they will offer a range of new features and benefits that make them even more appealing to consumers. For example, some electric scooters have built-in GPS, allowing users to track their location and plan their journeys more effectively.
The technology for E scooters in India is constantly evolving and improving. In the next few years, we can expect to see even more advances in this area, making electric scooters an even more attractive option for Indian consumers. We can’t wait to see what the future of electric scooters in India holds! If you are looking to buy an affordable, low maintenance and solid built electric scooter, we suggest you check Vegh Automobiles. We are a growing brand with an expanding network of over 50+ touch points across 7 states to make sustainable mobility well within the reach for common people in India.